Academic Course Use
Johns Hopkins University Press refers all academic course requests to the Copyright Clearance Center (CCC) for processing.
For academic course requests in the UK, please contact Publishers’ Licensing Services (PLS) for processing.
Written permission is required to reproduce material from Johns Hopkins University Press publications in other publications, coursepacks, electronic products, or other media.
Reprint Request Form
If you are requesting permission to reprint or otherwise reproduce material from a Johns Hopkins University Press book or journal, please submit your request directly to the Press using the Reprint Request Form.
Before you submit a permission request, please be sure the material you are requesting belongs to Johns Hopkins University Press, and is not credited to another source. Credit lines can be found in the footnotes, endnotes, acknowledgments, captions, or on the copyright page. If the material is credited to another source, direct your request to that other party and not to the Press.
Please be aware that other departments at Johns Hopkins University and Johns Hopkins Hospital publish their own material. For permission to reuse material that you found in a JHU or JHH publication or on a JHU or JHH department website please contact those departments directly.
- You may fill in the Reprint Request Form and submit it electronically, or print it out and fax or mail it to the Rights and Permissions Department.
- Permission is granted on a non-exclusive, one-time-use only basis.
- Please allow the Press 30 business days to process your request.
- Please do not call or email to follow up unless it has been more than 30 business days since you submitted your request.
- Please provide all information requested on the Reprint Request Form.
Fax: (410) 516-6968