JHUP Journals Ethics and Malpractice Statement
JHUP Journals Ethics and Malpractice Statement can be found here.
Peer Review Policy
Spiritus: A Journal of Christian Spirituality (SCS) accepts solicited and unsolicited manuscripts. They must be:
- Original work
- Non-simultaneous submission
- Translations accepted with permissions from author or author estate, unless translation in public domain
- Photos and other images are chosen by editorial staff and permissions procured by editorial staff with aid of artist or artist’s estate if needed, unless in public domain
- Reprints generally not permitted
- Is conducted by the Editor, Managing Editor, and/or Assistant Editor for weak or unsuitable submissions
- SCS does double blind reviewing for all papers not rejected in preliminary review.
Criteria for Review
What is main aim of the paper?
Does the paper succeed in its aim?
Do you think it is a worthwhile project?
Do you recommend (please pick one):
Review Results and Revisions Required
a) Unconditional acceptance
b) Acceptance subject to small revisions
c) Acceptance subject to substantial revisions
d) Rejection but a positive encouragement to revise and resubmit
c) Rejection but a non-committal invitation to resubmit a substantially revised edition
If you recommend f) Is this due to
a) The poor quality of the paper?
b) The paper being inappropriate for the journal?
4-6 weeks for review process
From submission to publication great variation: 4 to 10 (on occasion, 12) months
Occasional “Perspectives” essays; determined as “Perspectives” by Editor, same review (double blind) process.