Never submit manuscripts under consideration by another publication. The corresponding author must affirm non-duplication of submission in the cover letter.
Featured manuscripts should not exceed 30 pages of 1 inch margin, double-spaced, typewritten text INCLUDING references, tables, and figures. On the Campus manuscripts should not exceed five pages INCLUDING references, tables, and figures. Research in Brief manuscripts should not exceed 7-9 pages INCLUDING references, tables, and figures. To accommodate extensive literature reviews, multiple analyses, or other exceptions, Feature articles may sometimes be extended to 33 pages and Research in Brief articles may be extended to 10 pages.
All manuscript submissions and reviews are handled through our web-based Editorial Manager™ (EM) system. JCSD's EM web page may be accessed at the following here. Authors submit manuscripts and track progress through all stages of the review process.
The Editorial Manager™ system includes step-by-step instructions throughout the submission process. Here are some suggestions that will assist you in the process:
- All manuscripts submitted to the JCSD must be submitted in Microsoft Word (.doc) format, including the paper and any tables and/or figures.
- Save each element of your submission as separate files. These may include:
- a blinded version of your manuscript (required)
- a separate cover sheet with information for the author(s) (required)
- a cover letter
- figures, tables, or graphs.
- If you do not have Adobe Reader, download it now so that you may review your manuscript at the end of the submission process (free download from www.adobe.com).
- The manuscript submission is not complete until you have reviewed and approved the PDF files created by the journal management.
If you are having any difficulty accessing or using the JCSD Editorial Manager system, please contact our office:
Deidre Freeman Huff, Publication Coordinator,
Enter JCSD's On-Line Editorial Office: