Thank you for your interest in Johns Hopkins University Press journals. Click below to move directly to the information you seek:
- Back Volumes & Single Issues
- Online References Pricing Information
- Payment Information
- Journal Pricing Information
- Subscription Terms & Policies
- eTOC Alerts
Institutional subscriptions to our journals are available in print, electronic, or combined print+electronic format.
To subscribe 24/7 to print journals using our secure third-party payment system, select from the following:
Institutions interested in electronic-only or combined print+electronic subscriptions should contact Customer Service at 1-800-548-1784.
Order by Phone
Call our toll-free number, 1-800-548-1784, to place your order Monday–Friday, 8:30 a.m.–4:30 p.m., Eastern Time. Outside the USA and Canada, please call 410-516-6987. If you reach our Customer Service voicemail, please leave a message with your callback number and the best time to contact you. Your call will be returned within 24 business hours.
Order by Fax, Email, or Mail
Please include the name of the journal, length of subscription, and your name, address, and daytime phone number.
- FAX your order 24/7 to 410-516-6968
- EMAIL your order 24/7 to firstname.lastname@example.org
- MAIL your order to:
Johns Hopkins University Press
Journals Publishing Division
P.O. Box 19966
Baltimore, MD 21211-0966 USA
To ensure that your subscription is delivered in a timely manner, please make sure we have your current address. To update your delivery information or manage your account, click on “My Account” at the top of this page, call us at 1-800-548-1784, or e-mail email@example.com.
Please refer to the below Subscription Terms & Policies before placing an order. All journals are shipped by air-freight outside North America.
Back Volumes & Single Issues
- Print back issues for the current and previous two volumes may be obtained from the Johns Hopkins University Press if copies are available. Contact us at 1-800-548-1784 or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information. Include the name of the journal, volume and issue number, and your name, address, and daytime phone number.
- An inventory of available back issues for the following Presses is available:
- Orders for 10 or more copies of a back issue will receive a 10% discount.
- Domestic postage and handling: Add $4.00 for one issue and $1.00 for each additional issue.
- Foreign postage and handling: Add $5.00 for one issue and $1.00 for each additional issue.
- Copies of print issues from volumes that are three or more years old may be obtained through Periodicals Service Company (PSC). Please contact PSC for further information.
Online References Pricing Information
JHUP delivers seminal works and cutting-edge scholarship to students and scholars through several outstanding online references. See Institutional Subscription Plans and Pricing for details.
- Prepayment is required for all orders.
- Checks or money orders should be made payable to Johns Hopkins University Press.
- American Express, Discover, VISA, and MasterCard are accepted. Do not send credit card information by email; fax, mail, or call a customer service representative to provide your credit card information, which will be processed through a secure third-party payment center.
- Payments for orders outside the United States, including Canada, must be made by credit card, checks drawn on a U.S. bank and payable in U.S. dollars, or by an international money order.
- Canadian institutions add appropriate GST (Goods and Services Tax) (#124004946RT).
- Non-tax-exempt institutions located in the following states add appropriate sales tax: California, Colorado, Connecticut, District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Illinois, Indiana, Maryland, Massachusetts, Minnesota, Missouri, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Texas, and Washington.
Journal Pricing Information
Prices are subject to change without notice.
- The 2022 Johns Hopkins University Press Journals Institutional Price List is in effect as of September 1, 2021.
- The 2022 Penn State University Press Journals Institutional Price List is in effect as of September 1, 2021.
- The 2022 Catholic University of America Press Journals Institutional Price List is in effect as of September 1, 2021.
- The 2021 Ohio State University Press Journals Institutional Price List is in effect as of September 1, 2020.
- The 2021 University Press of Florida Journals Institutional Price List is in effect as of September 1, 2020.
- The 2022 Cornell University Press Journals Institutional Price List is in effect as of September 1, 2021.
- The 2022 Indiana University Press Journals Institutional Price List is in effect as of September 1, 2021.
- See also Single Title Options and Prices.
Subscription Terms & Policies
- All institutional print subscriptions start on a volume-year basis. Most volume years are calendar-year based. Those journals published on an academic-year basis are available either on the volume year or calendar year.
- All institutional electronic subscriptions run from January 1 to December 31 and provide access to all issues of the journal during that period. Electronic subscriptions do not provide perpetual access to the issues of a given volume. For additional information regarding electronic subscriptions please review our Single Title Terms.
- Institutional rates apply to any subscriptions ordered or paid for by libraries, schools, academic departments, government agencies, and businesses.
- No separate indexes for the annual volumes are published. Indexes, if any, are found in the last issue of the volume.
- Sample issues of all our journals are available online at Project MUSE: https://muse.jhu.edu.
- Please allow 4–6 weeks for shipment of domestic orders and 6–10 weeks for international orders.
Cancellations & Refunds
- We accept cancellations; refunds for non-mailed print issues will be prorated. Please allow 6–8 weeks to receive your refund. There are no refunds on electronic orders.
Claiming a Missing Issue
- If claims are received within 3 months of publication date, issues lost in the mail or damaged will be replaced one time, free of charge. In all other cases, charges for replacement issues will be prorated.
- Before making a claim, please check our Publication Schedule Status, which provides actual and projected mail dates for the current volume of all JHUP titles. (Note that we have status reports but not projected publication dates for titles we distribute for other publishers.)
- To claim a missing issue, email email@example.com. Include your institution’s name, address, the issue in question (journal title, volume, and issue number), and your preferred contact information.
- JHUP attempts to contact subscribers when an issue is returned due to an undeliverable address, but our obligation to fulfill the subscription ends once 6 months have passed and we still do not have current information.
- The delivery of print subscriptions has been delayed because of the COVID-19 pandemic. Delivery in North America has been delayed by personnel shortages, the temporary closing of processing centers, heavier than normal volume, COVID-19 protocols, and various local weather conditions. Delivery to US locations can take up to 2 months; delivery to Canada and Mexico, which are also impacted by the shortage of international flights, can take 3-4 months.
Delivery outside of North America can take 4 months or longer. The US Post Office uses passenger airlines to transport mail outside North America. With the decline in air travel due to the pandemic, there are fewer flights available. There are also closed borders, lockdowns, delivery backlogs and personnel shortages at post offices for even longer delivery delays.
Because of these circumstances, we will be extending our claims period but will not be able to replace missing journals until several months after the shipping date. Please note that it will also take several months for replacement issues to arrive once they are shipped.
Sign up here to receive eTOC Alerts when new issues of your favorite JHUP journals are published online: https://www.press.jhu.edu/cgi-bin/etoc.cgi.