- All papers should be double-spaced and set in 12 point type.
- We prefer to have your notes as endnotes, double -spaced in 12 point type, though this is not essential. They will appear as footnotes in print, but it is easier for us to copy-edit this way. Do NOT send notes as a separate file.
- When first submitting an article, do so anonymously, that is, make sure the article does not include your name or university affiliation, and if necessary, alter footnotes so that you don't reveal your identity. (If your article is accepted, the final version should include this information).
- Please supply an abstract of 100 or fewer words with your paper.
- Arethusa uses a social sciences format for notes and bibliography. We prefer that short citations be added in parentheses to the body of your text; only longer remarks should appear as footnotes. Be as concise as possible. Use the bibliography and notes from a recent issue of Arethusa as a guide when you prepare your copy.
- Please include translations of all Latin and Greek quotations.
- Please be consistent in the transliteration of Greek names.
- Please make it clear in the notes which edition of a text you are using.
- If you are using illustrations or other copyrighted material (including modern poems and songs), please be sure to obtain any necessary permissions and include copies of the permission letters with your revised final version.
- Please submit the article electronically, preferably in Word. You may submit it by email to Carolyn Higbie at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include who is to be credited for any translations used in your article. If the translations are your own, you may indicate that in your first footnote.
- Arethusa operates within strict page limitations, so brevity is a virtue as far as we are concerned. Articles of more than 25 pages present us with logistical problems, making us less inclined to accept them.
Address editorial correspondence to the editor:
Department of Classics
SUNY at Buffalo, North Campus
Buffalo, NY 14261-0011
Email at email@example.com