Advertising Terms, Policies, and Discounts
Ad Content: All copy is subject to publisher's approval. The publisher reserves the right to deny any advertisement if artwork is deemed inappropriate.
Mechanical Requirements: PDF files required. Ad files should be submitted as composite PDFs v.1.3 (Acrobat 4.0 compatible) and ideally able to conform to ISO 15930 file format standards: PDF/X-1a:2001. The ISO standards are available as a preset in at least one popular page layout software.
- Images. Halftones (photos) should be scanned at a resolution of 266-300 dpi; a combination of line art and halftone at 500-900 dpi; line art, 900-1200 dpi. All images should be embedded.
- Fonts. All fonts should be embedded. Type 1 fonts are strongly recommended. No crop marks, registration marks, or slug lines in the file.
- Color. Supply ads in black and white format unless color is available as an option for a particular journal. Avoid all color functions such as ICC profiles.
For detailed guidelines for digital ads, see: The Sheridan Press Guidelines Advertisers will be notified if there is a problem with received ads. An additional fee of $50 will be charged if the resolution of the problem involves JHUP services. Johns Hopkins University Press will not be held responsible for the reproduction quality of any ads that do not meet these specifications. If you have any questions or are unsure if your ad does not meet these specs, please email the Journals Advertising Manager.
Ad Discounts Available:
Multiple Insertion Discounts: Advertisers will receive the following discounts:
- 10% insertion discount on two or more ads in a volume.
- 30% discount on ad reruns.
- 15% off ad rate.
- Other charges are non-commissionable.
Discounts for Books Reviewed: Publishers whose books are reviewed in a journal receive a 10% discount for placing any ad in one issue of that journal.
Cancellations: Advertisers will be charged $25 per page for ads cancelled or received after the deadline.
Payment Terms: 30 days from invoice date. Prepayment required from individuals or first-time advertisers. Invoice and tearsheets sent upon publication.
Direct all paid advertising inquiries and reservations to:
Journals Advertising Manager
Johns Hopkins University Press
2715 North Charles Street
Baltimore, Maryland 21218-4363