By purchasing a subscription to a Johns Hopkins University Press (JHUP) Online Reference resource (Online Reference) the Individual Subscriber (Subscriber) agrees to the terms and conditions below.
I. SUBSCRIBER RIGHTS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
A subscription to an Online Reference grants unlimited access to the full text of the resource for educational, research, and personal use by the Subscriber.
Provided that the copyright header attached to the Online Reference is retained, the Subscriber may:
- download and print one copy of each chapter or entry for personal use and archive contents on their own personal computers
- use the Online Reference resource in accordance with the "fair use" provisions of US and applicable international copyright law.
2. Not Permitted
The Subscriber may not:
- disseminate content from the Online Reference or make agreements for access to the Online Reference work with individuals, organizations, vendors, affiliates, or partners, who are not Authorized Users
- burden server(s) with activities, such as computer programs, that automatically download content, commonly known as web robots, spiders, crawlers, wanderers, or accelerators. If there is evidence that such unauthorized activities have taken place, the Subscriber will be contacted, and access may be shut down if a prompt resolution is not achieved. No refunds or credits will be given for time without access as a result of such activities.
- re-use content for commercial use without prior written permission of the copyright holder
II. COPYRIGHT AND PERMISSIONS
Unless otherwise noted, the Johns Hopkins University Press holds the copyright, both to the compilation and to the individual chapters or entries of all materials published in the Online Reference. All content is subject to "fair use" provisions of U.S. or applicable international copyright laws.
In the event of a dispute between any rights-holder and JHUP with respect to the electronic distribution of any work in the Online Reference, JHUP shall have the right to remove such work from the Online Reference, and will do so upon the rights-holder's request.
Access will be granted after a Subscriber prepays for the Online Reference subscription. Upon receipt of payment, JHUP will assign the Subscriber a login ID and temporary password. This password may subsequently be changed by the Subscriber, but it may not be transferred. Access will extend for one year from the activation date.
JHUP reserves the right to terminate access if it learns of any incidence of not-permitted uses, as described in section I.2. above.
Please direct any questions regarding License Terms and Conditions to JHUP's Subscriber Services Department: firstname.lastname@example.org.