The Journal of the History of Childhood and Youth welcomes submissions of original article length manuscripts devoted to the historical experiences of children and young people without geographic or chronological limitations. All articles selected as appropriate will be anonymously peer-reviewed by experts in the author's field of study. The journal does not accept material that has been previously published or is under consideration for publication elsewhere. Manuscripts should be submitted in English with American usage and spelling.
- Articles should not exceed 8000 words, including notes.
- Authors must follow the Guide to Preparing Manuscripts in preparing articles for submission to the journal (see especially guidelines for notes, citations, and North American spelling).
- Author information, including a hundred-word abstract that details the argument and significance of the essay and a hundred-word biography, must be included on a separate document.
- All identifying information should be removed from the manuscript prior to submission, including references to previously published work by the author (for instance, do not refer “my dissertation” in the notes).
- Please submit all text and images through our online manuscript submission site http://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/jhcy
Send editorial correspondence to:
Journal of the History of Childhood and Youth
P.O. Box 1881
Milwaukee, WI 53201-1881
The Journal of the History of Childhood and Youth includes reviews of recent books published in the field. If you are interested in having your books reviewed in the journal please send copies to the address above.