Articles must be submitted electronically to ScholarOne Manuscripts, the online peer-review system used by Christianity & Literature. Please submit your manuscript here:
All submissions must be formatted for blind peer review and should include:
• a title page with the author’s name, email, and mailing address.
• a 100-word abstract and a list of suggested keywords to accompany the essay: 3-5 is appropriate.
• a short biographical note with information about your position, research, and publications.
• the essay, with title on first page, and page numbers on all following pages. There should be no author identification in the body of the essay.
- All articles submitted for publication should conform to the Chicago Manual of Style, 17th edition, Notes and Bibliography Style, but please do not include a Bibliography or Works Cited list—incorporate all of your references into your notes. You may do this in your final version, not the version for review.
- Articles of fewer than 4,000 or more than 9,000 words, including notes are not ordinarily considered, unless they are commissioned for a special issue or of exceptional merit. Submissions should comply with accepted guidelines for nonsexist usage.
For information about the Chicago Manual of Style, 17th edition, Notes and Bibliography Style, go to their webpage:
A Chicago Style Citation Quick Guide is also available here:
General inquiries can be made to email@example.com or to the following mailing address:
Mark Eaton, Editor
Christianity & Literature
Department of English
Azusa Pacific University
901 E. Alosta Ave.
Azusa, CA 91702-7000