The Web Development Manager will lead a team of developers in designing, creating, maintaining, and updating web pages and services. The candidate will ensure adherence to quality standards and review project deliverables to ensure project goals are accomplished. The primary product the position will develop and maintain is The Journals Division shopping cart and the Journals Associations web sites.
- Applies system analysis to solve problems, including determining software and system functional and technical specifications.
- Meets with technical staff to clarify specifications; takes program specifications, description of data, what processes are preferred and analyzes problems to determine solution steps.
- Develops or modifies computer programs; develops test plans and performs unit, system and integrated testing for individual assignments, vendor software releases.
- Develops, maintains, documents and test new or existing programs; adheres to project-wide standards for data collection/storage, structured programming techniques, documentation requirements, testing, reporting, software/hardware releases.
- Uses programming and database knowledge and critical thinking to resolve moderately complex technical or procedural problems.
- High level of awareness, approach and respect for the user experience.
Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in a related field. Three years related experience. Direct programming experience while pursuing education may count towards related experience. Significant undergraduate programming coursework or independent project can be considered as related experience. Additional education may substitute for required experience and additional related experience may substitute for required education, to the extent permitted by the JHU equivalency formula.
JHU Equivalency Formula: 18 graduate degree credits may substitute for one year of experience. Additional related experience may substitute for required education on the same basis. For jobs where equivalency is permitted, up to two years of non-related college course work may be applied towards the total minimum education/experience required for the respective job.
NOTE: The successful candidate(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check.