Provides clerical assistance in Rights and Permissions department. Must interact courteously and professionally with authors, domestic and international publishers, members of the media, and colleagues requiring the assistance of the department.
- Files U.S. copyright registration for all books and journals within 90 days of receipt
- When certificate is received, enters TX information in Filemaker and files certificate in Director’s files
- Ensures prompt restocking to warehouse of any excess print inventory
- Creates and affixes labels for all new books and journals. Arranges newly labeled titles on shelves in the press library and records shelving locating in Filemaker database
- Shelves books that have been removed from the library, tracks down (and occasionally makes arrangements for replacing) missing items
- Collects newly published journals from Director’s office and shelves them
- Ensures that library shelves are neat and tidy
- Fills orders for gratis books and catalogs. Distributes to authors their copies of translated books received from international publishers
- Maintains official contract files, including preparation of new file folders. Files invoices for permissions granted and files paperwork related to the permissions received
- On a semi-annual basis researches and identifies addresses of journal contributors with royalty payments due and contacts them to solicit an updated W-9 form
- Sets up new vendors in SAP for journals contributors with royalty payments due
- For all newly executed publishing contracts, enters into Filemaker data on sales territories, publishing rights and subsidiary rights and restrictions
- Misc. duties as assigned.
High School Diploma/'GED required. College degree preferred. Additional education may substitute for required experience, to the extent permitted by the JHU equivalency formula (30 undergraduate degree credits/semester hours or 18 graduate degree credits may substitute for one year of experience). Six months related experience required. Clerical, bookkeeping, or library experience a plus.
Special skills and knowledge
MS Word, Excel required. Filemaker Pro preferred.
Physical requirements for the job:
Able to lift 25 pounds of books
Part-time, 25 hours a week. Flexible hours.