- Greeting guests and visitors to the Press.
- Directing guests to the appropriate departments and individuals.
- Answering incoming calls and forwarding them to the appropriate individuals.
Primary duties and responsibilities:
- Providing guest with visitor badges (for CISP compliance).
- Managing the inventory and restocking the supply room for the Press.
- Placing special orders for office supplies.
- Opening and sorting Journals mail.
- Opening and sorting HFS mail as needed.
- Sorting and distributing incoming faxes.
- Accepting small deliveries and releasing packages for pick-up.
- Circulating professional publications.
- Assisting with the lobby display of Press books and materials.
- Sorting and prepping “Notification Letters” for HFS.
- Acting as facilities liaison for employees during sick/vacation coverage.
- Coordinating coverage with the mailroom.
Further duties may include:
- Assisting with mailroom-related issues, if needed.
- Assisting HFS as needed.
- Assisting with in-house events.
- Other duties may be assigned by the supervisor as time allows.
High School diploma or GED required. Experience answering phones and in customer service required; interpersonal skills are important.