The Johns Hopkins University Press seeks an organized, self-starting, and energetic individual to join our editorial team to acquire and publish scholarly non-fiction books. The Editorial Assistant provides comprehensive support to the acquisitions editors and authors and helps prepare book manuscripts publication.
- Responsible for routing aspects of acquisitions work to enable editors to review, develop, and procure suitable book-length manuscripts.
- Analyze editorial, copyright, and typographical complexities in book manuscripts and prepare manuscripts for copyediting and production.
- Communicate with authors, readers, agents, and foreign publishers and agencies under differing degrees of supervision by the editors.
- Monitor status of manuscripts-in-process, readers’ reports, contracts and reprint permissions.
- Perform production-cost calculations and other financial calculations.
- Analyze illustrated materials using Adobe Photoshop and other software.
High School Diploma/GED required. Bachelor’s degree preferred. Two years’ experience. Additional education may substitute for experience to the extent permitted by the JHU equivalency formula (30 undergraduate degree credits/semester hours or 18 graduate degree credits may substitute for one year of experience).
The Johns Hopkins University Press is located near the university’s Homewood Campus in Baltimore, Maryland. It is a proud member of the Association of American University Presses.